My English Abstract CV
(Seyed) Farshīd Sādātsharīfī
Address: Morrice Hall, Room 319, 3485 McTavish St, Montreal, Quebec H3A 0E1
Tel: +1 (438) 927 0036
Visiting scholar in Institute Of Islamic Studies, McGill University, (Montreal, Canada) From Jun. 2016
Post-doc -Persian Language & Literature, Shiraz University, (Shiraz, Iran) 2014- 2016
Thesis: “Study on the "Meaning Of life" In Literary works and films”.
Ph.D.-Persian Language & Literature, Shiraz University, (Shiraz, Iran) 2012
Thesis: “Analysis of the manifestations of “human individuality” and “world vision” in works of six contemporary Persian poets.”
M.A.-Persian Language & Literature, Shiraz University, (Shiraz, Iran) 2008
Thesis: “A Comparative Study of Confrontation between Father and Son Patterns in Four
Epic Stories in Persian Literature”
B.A. -Persian Language & Literature, Shiraz University, (Shiraz, Iran) 2006
Contemporary Persian literature in applied approach.
1. Sharifpour, Shakiba and Sadatsharifi, S. F.,Ru'yā-hā-yibīdārī (Paris Review collection of interviews to great authors).Vol.1, Tehran: Pārsīk Press, November 2014.
2. Alī-Muḥammadī, Abulfażland Kalhur-Jahāndust, Rayḥāneh and S. F. Sadatsharifi, Kitāb-shināsī-yi Shahriyār (The Bibliography Of Shahriyār with Analytic Introduction and Chronological Analytic biography). Tabriz: Rhythm Press, September. 2014.
3. Sadatsharifi, S. F., Sa‘y bar madār-iandūh (An Struggling on the Orbit of Gloom: 30 essays from different authors about Muṣṭafá Mastūr’s character and works). Tehran: Bih-Nigār, March 2013.
4. Sadatsharifi, S. F., Ed. and Comp, SamīrāMatīn-Nižād and ShahlāRustamī, Comps.Arj-nāmeh-yiMuḥammad-I Dabīrsiyāqī (A Festschrift for the Late SayyedMuḥammadDabīrsīyāqī). Tehran: The National Library and Archives of I.R Iran, November 2013.
5. Sadatsharifi, S. F. and Fatemeh Tubaee, Shikl-i dīgar khandīdan (Laughing in Another Way: two essays about Satire Persian Stories About War). Shiraz: Fārs-Shināsī Foundation and Sīvand Press, February, 2012.
6. Sadatsharifi, S. F. and Lāleh Zāri‘, Eds and Comps.Būstān-iPārsī (The proceedings of “FārsBook- Review”meetings).Vol. 1, Shiraz: Fārs-Shināsī Foundation and Sīvand Press, September, 2011.
7. Sadatsharifi, S. F., Dar imtidād–iturd-i Ghazal (Along the Tenderness of Ghazal: a Poetry Collection). Mashhad: Sukhan-gustar, March 2010.
8. Sadatsharifi, S. F.,Durr-i az daryā-yi jān (A pearl from the sea of the soul: Annotation of Mowlana selected Qazals from Divan–e Shams with mystical approach).Vol.1, Mashhad: Jahād-i dānshgāhī, Mashhad University, Winter 2004.
9. Sadatsharifi, S. F., Ham-ṣuḥbat-i Rindān (The Companion of the Rends: Moods and Quotations of the Sufi Sheikhs in ‘Aṭṭār’s Mathnavīs). Tehran: Ashtād, Spring 2001.
(Most important samples, not entire)
- Persian scientific Journals
- (With Dr. Saeed Hessampour) “Phoenix and Modernism”, Būstan-e Adab Quarterly Journal (Shiraz University Poetry Scintific journal).Vol 5, .No. 15, Spring 2013, pp. 1-28.
- (With Dr. Saeed Hessampour) “A Study of the Implied Reader in Three Stories of Resistance Literature of Ahmad Akbarpūr”, Quarterly Journal of Resistance literature (Kerman Shahīd-Bāhonar University), Vol. 1, No.3&4, Autumn 2011, pp. 113-146.
- Persian Encyclopedia Articles
- Entry “Hadāeq al-sehr”,Great Islamic Encyclopedia, Tehran, Vol. 20, 2013.
- (With Dr. Asqar Dādbeh)Entry “Taqrīz”,Great Islamic Encyclopedia, Tehran, Vol. 16, 2008.
- English Scopus-indexed scientific Journals
- (With Dr. Saeed Hessampour) "Study of the Meaning of Life in Kazantzakis", accepted in: Prescopus Russia, Spring 2014.
- (With Dr. Saeed Hessampour& Shiva Ghanbarian) "A Study of the typology of loneliness and solitude and its connection with “meaning of life” in five major plays by Anton Chekhov", accepted in: Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, Spring 2014.
- English Articles in the international conferences
- (With Dr. Saeed Hessampour & Hajar Saeidinejad) "Exploring Forough Farrokhzad’s Poetic Worldview and Suggesting a New Periodization for Her Poetry", 7th Biennale Convention The Association For The Study Of Persianate Societies (ASPS). Turkey. 2015 (Abstract Only).
- (With Kayvan Eslahpazir) "Discovering Saadi's View of “Power” by Analyzing Dramatic Factors in the First Chapter of Gulistan” 8th Biennale Convention The Association For The Study Of Persianate Societies (ASPS). 15-18 March 2018, Tbilisi, Georgia (Oral Presentation).
- (With Masoud Hooshyar) "The Role of Individuation in Deepening Our Understanding of Ahmad Shamlou's Attitude towards “Loneliness and Solitude” Based on His Five Initial Works and Overnight Poems”, 8th Biennale Convention The Association For The Study Of Persianate Societies (ASPS). 15-18 March 2018, Tbilisi, Georgia (Oral Presentation).
and 240 other articles and essays.
Taught Persian Literature, Editing and Language Skill Courses, Contemporary Literary Taught Theories, and Literary Criticism 1&2, in Shiraz University and 8 other Universities and higher education institutes (Shiraz, Iran), Jun. 2014- May. 2016
Taught Literature Olympiad Courses, Fārs Education Organization (Result: 15 Gold Medals & 10 Silver & Bronze Medals in National Literature Olympiad), (Shiraz, Iran) March 2002- March 2009
Taught Professional Persian editing, Participated in 13 periods of holding and teaching as "Virastaran" (Professional Company of editing and orthography), (Shiraz & Bushehr & Tehran, Iran; Montreal, Canada). Oct. 2011 – Up to now
Literary Criticism, short-term Courses, Cultural Association of Persian language and Literature (A Branch Of Asatir Cultural-Educational Institute), 30 periods, (Shiraz, Iran), Sept. 2008 – May. 2016
1. Gold medal of the 14th Literature Olympiad, Tehran, 2001.
2. Privilege to study Persian language and literature in undergraduate degree without attending the university entrance exam, 2002.
3. Selected among students in The 3th Khwarizmi Young Award in humanities group for the “The comapanies of RENDAN” (Moods and Sayings of the Sufi Sheikhs in Attar’s Masnavis), 2001.
4. The 3rd Selected one among free participants in The 4th Khwarizmi Young Award in humanities group for the “A pearl from the sea of the soul” (selective Qazal explanation of Dīvān-e Šams relying to mystical topics), 2002.
5. Distinguished student of the country (selected by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology), years 2006–2007.
6. Privilege to study Persian language and literature, graduate degree, without attending a university entrance exam, in position of elite student of the country, 2006.
7. Distinguished researcher student of Shiraz University, 2007.
8. 2nd award in poem at The Student Press Festival of the Payām-e nūr University throughout the country, autumn 2008.
9. 3rd award in literary criticism section at the First National Literary Award of Fārs for the book “Laughing another Way”, June, 2012.
10. Distinguished student of Shiraz University in PH.D level, Semester, 2011-2012.
- Dr. Sa’īd Hesāmpūr, Professor and Chief of Persian Literature and language of Shiraz University.
- Dr. Kāvūs Hassanlī, Professor of Persian Language and Literature department of Shiraz University.
- Dr. Asqar Dādbeh, editor in chief and head of Persian language and literature of Great Islamic Encyclopedia, Tehran.
- Dr. Mohammad-Rezā Shafī’ī-Kadkani, Professor at Persian Language and Literature department of Tehran University.
- Dr. Alī-Akbar Safīpūr, vice- president at National Library and Archives of I.R Iran, Tehran.
- Dr. Mas’ūd Mohammadī, Assistant Professor and Chief of Clinical Psychology Department of Islamic Azad University, Science and Research of Fārs.
- Dr. Akbar Nahvī, Professor of Persian language and Literature department of Shiraz University.
8.Dr. Mohammad Este'lāmī, Former Professor of Persian Language and Literature in McGill University (Institute of Islamic studies-IIS).
9.Dr. Setrag Manoukian, Associate Professor of Anthropology (Institute of Islamic studies-IIS).
* For more information, please check:
** Documents and references contact information are available upon request.
Last updated in: Jan. 2017.